Monday, February 9, 2009

Ice queen ...

I'm so happy to be spending this Monday not writing about storm debris or people without power, though my trip to western Kentucky to cover the aftermath of the storm was pretty good and resulted in a pretty good Sunday story.

I realized while I was working a 14 hour day on Thursday that the real reason I love my job is being able to get out and meet some new people. It's a privilege to interview folks and hear their stories. I might have been tired (and a bit cranky) upon my return, but it was worth it.

Anyway, I'm not going to wax poetic about it ... but I got an email this morning from a friend that made me laugh. And then I realize that it is pretty close to the mark. So, I wanted to share it.

The subject line read: ode to the ice queen -- the content follows.

Through Sleet or Hail, Snow or Ice, Tornadic Winds and Blinding Rain. She does it all – She’s DISASTER GIRL!

Watch as her pen moves with lightening speed on the pad, writing a full eight inches in less than a minute. That’s right – she’s DISASTER GIRL!

Ice or Snow Storm?? Disaster Girl will hit the streets. 80 MPH windstorm??? Disaster Girl will trudge through it headfirst. Record breaking floods??? Disaster Girl will row her way to the scene.

DISASTER GIRL - APPEARING IN CITIES NATIONWIDE

(now accepting applications for A-1 stories above the fold)

No comments:

Post a Comment