Friday, January 8, 2010

Cold, bitter morning

Working the morning shift this morning so I'm up way too early. And I feel like either my allergies are going crazy or I'm actually on the brink of a cold. Either way, not fun. But I'm chugging the Emergen-C and drinking hot tea to cope.

Getting close to the end of the giving challenge. Trying to think of a good way to end it ... and really I think I'll continue to do it on some level. I want to be mindful of the gifts I'm giving and try to give them regularly and acknowledge them. I don't think I'll commit to doing it every day, but definitely want to keep the spirit going.

Day 25: Was really hoping to find a good gift and I got one. I asked a friend if she wanted to go to lunch and it turns out she was having a pretty bad morning. So, I scooped her up and whisked her out of the building and bought her lunch, which was just what she needed. I like these gifts where really the gift is the time together. I might have bought the lunch, but it was really the time that mattered the most.

Day 26: Today I put in my first donation to the Leukemia Lymphoma Society -- toward my marathon in San Diego. I was able to turn in $1,000 -- including $50 from myself. It feels really good. I'm hoping to be done with my fundraising early so that I can help Maggie and Denise with theirs and not have to worry about it. But instead, I can just focus on the training, which I'm sure it going to be challenging even if I stay healthy. It's really hard to train outside in the winter because I'm really not trying to run on ice and fall again. One fall is enough for me.

Only three days left of the challenge. I'm on the lookout for today's gift.

I'm just putting one foot in front of the other. I'm trying to work on my patience. I know all kinds of great things are in store for me ... I really honestly believe it. But I've been struggling this week to feel that strongly. Someone told me recently that you can't get the things you want unless you really believe they are possible. But I've been wondering this week if that means you're not supposed to have any doubts. I figure even the best of us have doubts so that must be part of the equation.

But I do honestly know that all the dreams I have will come true. I'm not sure when, but I know they are coming. Just one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment