Monday, April 20, 2009

Barbie outfitted ...

Last week I wrote a little something about Barbie ... I'm still kind of conflicted about laying down $47 for this plastic bombshell, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to make her mine.

See, here's the deal. I have a super-talented, crafty friend named Heidi. We tease her unmercifully about how she can whip up a meal with like two ingredients or pull off some really great gift with a few baubles and a hot glue gun.

Well, when I got home last Friday from an admittedly hectic day, I had a little gift sitting in front of my door. It was the kind of box that I love -- really small and with a cute little ribbon on it. You realize of course that the best things come in small packages.

Anyway, inside was all the accessories that I'd described on the blog that Barbie was missing. Heidi had made them all. There are flip-flops, betting tickets, a Racing Form, sunscreen and even a rain poncho. I'm not kidding. It was about the most awesome gift I've gotten in a long time.

So, I'm going to have to search out Barbie here in the next few days and bring her home for the festivities.

And this should also be a message that having great friends is the best gift ever. Heidi said the whole thing cost her only a little pocket change and some time honing her photoshop skills. But the thought was way more valuable than that.

2 comments:

  1. We need a photo of all this fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Derby Barbie is $47?!

    You should opt for Infield Barbie. You can get her for a chicken sandwich and some beads. Then of course Heidi would have to make you a miniature beer bong.

    ReplyDelete