Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 2 -- getting into the giving groove

I thought I had a plan for a gift today and then I went downstairs to head out to an assignment and I ran into one of my two friends who sits at the front desk.

I found out that Val's birthday was yesterday. Lately, Val has been a huge support to me as I navigate my heartbreak. She helped out with the Angel Tree giving and just generally makes me smile when I walk through the door.

So after getting a little pointed with some questions at a press conference, I made a stop at the flower shop down the street. I found a great little bouquet with roses and Christmas pine cones and evergreen. It was really great to bring Val some flowers as she is usually the one calling everyone else when these deliveries come for others. The smile on her face was all I needed.

It felt so good. And aside from being crazy busy and writing three stories today, I think I've overall had a better day. May try to hit the gym on the way home ....

No comments:

Post a Comment