Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 3 -- Today I give with love

I love kids. And lately I've been having a lot of baby dreams and spent a whole week with Maria's new son, Press. Who is about the cutest little nephew I could ask for -- of course, Corey's sons are also cute nephews.

Anyway, today's gift goes to my niece Alaina. Sometimes I wish I lived a lot closer to home so I could see her more often. When she came to visit me last summer we got started on trying to make funny band names. She and I discovered we have a lot of the same tastes -- we love cupcakes, think the same things are funny and generally love on each other a ton. We ended up proclaiming ourselves the "Frankensteins of Awesomeness" because she said we seem to share a brain. : )

So, I saw a cute little holiday shirt while I was out shopping and immediately thought of her. I didn't want to wait to give it to her next week when I'm home so I dropped it in the mail today. Gift #3.

I'm finding that this process is helping me. I'm not saying I'm over my sadness over the break up or the other challenges life has handed me recently. But giving to others does have a way of lightening up my spirit. Some days are better than others, but I think in general I'm moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment